– Why do you still have a father and a mother when you’re already grown up?
– Why does poo stink, even though it’s fresh?
– What do you call something that’s beautiful and ugly at the same time?
– I dreamed I couldn’t sleep.
– Why can’t I know when I’m going to die?
– I feel a little bit like it sometimes smells in the car.
– I am romantic about you.
Ricky Koole has a cheerful, melancholy child full of good ideas and big life-questions. She made a note of the best quotes and questions from his toddler-years. Comments that, if you read them all at once, give a good representation of a child learning about the world around him.
His lovely observations, the funny misunderstandings and his fear of death make this an extremely personal monologue. You can see him growing older.
It is refreshing to look at the world through the eyes of a toddler again. He asks questions we haven’t asked ourselves in a long time.
A book that will be recognisable for many parents, grandfathers and grandmothers.
Singer and actress Ricky Koole painted all the illustrations herself.
– I’m as happy as a snail… but then less happy.